Written by: Kayte Corrigan
There is so much to think about in Pilates Reformer classes, and sometimes we get it wrong. Some days I’ll go through a whole class with flawless grace, and other days it’s like I’m surprised I have feet. At least it’s something I can laugh about afterword. Here are a few Reformer Biffs everyone can giggle about.
- When you accidentally take all the springs off and go for a ride.
- That moment of panic on your back when docking the carriage, “where’s the stopper, where’s the stopper, where’s the stopper—oop there it is!”
- When you hit the stopper unexpectedly and hope no one else heard exactly which reformer the crash came from.
- Looking around trying to figure out how everyone else got in position, like it’s human Tetris.
- After a hard set, quietly considering severing your other leg so you don’t have to go through it on the remaining side.
- That moment you realize you’ve been giving it your all, flawlessly executing the complete wrong exercise (or side) for over a whole minute. At least I worked something!
- The sheer fear of standing one foot on the platform and the other on the carriage and then the false confidence after a few reps. Yup, still on a moving object.
- Remembering feeling like an elephant on a conveyer belt the first time ever on a reformer.
- When your legs get tangled with the stranger next to you durning leg circles, but the whole room is in serious stretching mode. Hello new friend!
- The rolling dismount off the carriage. Couldn’t feel less dainty.
Enjoy the hilarity, it happens to everyone!