Brussel Sprouts really get a bad rap from the kids, but if you tried them now, you might be surprised. Health benefits of this veggie include Vitamins C, E, A, Omega-3 as well as antioxidants, a lot of fiber and especially high in Vitamin K.
They are a great side and very simple to make. Toss in some shallots and you’ll transform the veggie into something new.
Cook for 2 and 1lb of sprouts and 1 to 2 shallots works well, there are usually leftovers. If cooking for more 1.5 lbs and 2.5 to 3 shallots. You’ll need a clove of garlic, olive oil and sea salt.
- Peel and cut the shallots length wise
- Peel and cut the garlic into nice thin strips
- Cut the bottoms off the sprouts and half them… if leaves fall off that’s okay, add them to the bunch
- Toss the goodies in oilve oil just enough for a very light coat
- Spread out on a cook sheet or if you prefer, put them in a casserole dish. A baking sheet makes them get a little crispy with a great texture. Sprinkle with salt.
- 450 degrees in the oven until brown or fork tender
- Optional: dress them up with a twist of lemon juice and a sprinkle of parm!