Looking to stick a little nutrition into the traditional Thanksgiving menu? Or maybe you aren’t finding your favorites at the farmers market now that the season has changed. Those cold weather favorites make a great medley to complement any autumnal meal. The rich colors of these underground veggies contain phytonutrients to fight free radicals in our bodies. The deeper the color, the more phytonutrients. That’s the kind of beauty that is more than skin deep!
Recipe Ingredients for Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
Recipe Directions for Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
- Chop all vegetables into even-sized pieces.
- Brush large baking tray with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Spread vegetables on tray and brush with the third tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
- Roast in the oven at 350F for 90 minutes.
- Serves eight as a sidedish. This dish is also great cold as a roasted vegetable salad.
- (* Calorie analysis does not include sweet potato/yam. Add 200 calories to entire dish for sweet potato.)
For nutrition info and to read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/roasted-root-vegetable-medley-recipe-r72725#ixzz2BfIwntct